seline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51)； text-indent: 0px;">
California health officials said a botulism outbreak linked to nacho-cheese sauce appears limited to an opened bag of the sauce.
The statement on Thursday comes after the state Department of Public Health found no traces of the toxin in another unopened bag of the sauce that was seized from the fuel station in Walnut Grove， a suburb of Sacramento.
The toxin can cause paralysis， breathing difficulty and， in a small fraction of cases， death. A 37-year-old man died and nine others fell ill after eating the sauce.
Earlier this week a Sacramento woman who contracted botulism sued the gas station and the maker of the cheese dip， alleging negligence.